A few weeks ago I was returning from a work trip and waiting to go through security at LAX when I heard “could that be Ariel Scott??” I turned around and the lovely Lisa Piccirillo (’04) was standing there with her guitar in hand rushing through security to head back to Vermont. Ninety seconds after she passed, I looked up to unexpectedly see Ben Boardman '04 and Nyssa Wittliff Boardman '04 standing in the same spot. We managed to have an impromptu Skidmore reunion at gate 42B and were wondering where the rest of you were.
Perhaps you’ve been waiting for our 10-year reunion instead? It seems like many moons from now, but it turns out it’s only a year away. If any of you are interested in joining us at Skidmore this summer from July 26-28, we will be holding a reunion planning session and would love for you to partake. Please contact Jessica Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like to join.
Curious what’s been happening at Skidmore? Here’s a top 5 list for you:
1. Newsweek's "College Rankings 2012: 25 Happiest Schools" listed Skidmore at #9. It also reported that 88% of Skidmore students would choose the same school again. Score.
2. Backstage named the Skidmore Dance Department one of the Top Five Dance Programs in the country, citing its emphasis on technical training in ballet and modern dance as well as the use of academic inquiry of dance through compositional studies and historical research.
3. This American Life re-aired its feature on Skidmore Music Professor Anthony Holland’s “So Crazy It Just Might Work” story. If you missed it before, here it is!
4. Make March Count is now over. How did we do? Results are available here: www.skidmore.edu/makemarchcount Thanks to everyone who participated!
5. [INSERT YOUR NEWS HERE]. Yes, it’s true: many of you have news that we’d like to hear about, and we hope you’ll share it with us! Please contact class secretary Jacqueline Vernarelli at email@example.com with any updates that we can include in the Skidmore Scope next time around.
Wishing you a happy and healthy springtime,
’04 Alumni Class President
Ariel J. Scott
Class Fund Chair
Ms. Lillian H. Coye
Class FOP Chair
Lisa Hilberg Craig
Jacqueline A. Vernarelli
Alison J. Loffredio
Margaret L. Schade
David M. Thayer
Jenny Detterman Yoon